Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Madeon on Good Faith, Moving to Los Angeles and More [Interview]

Madeon discussed his new album and more with EDM.com.

Madeon's music is the perfect blend of dance music and pop, and he consistently unleashes some of the most feelgood, heartfelt records for audiences all across the world. Hailing from Nantes, France, the singer, songwriter, DJ and producer recently released his sophomore album titled Good Faith.

The 10-track project consists of singles “Be Fine” and “All My Friends,” the latter of which reached #1 on Dance Radio. Good Faith proves to be a new era for Madeon (real name Hugo Leclercq) following the success of his debut album Adventure and standout collaborative project with Porter Robinson titled Shelter.

Now, Leclercq is taking Good Faith on the road, shutting down two explosive nights at The Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall in Los Angeles. After he shut down his debut at Lollapalooza this summer, fans can’t get enough of Leclercq’s live shows and energy.

EDM.com caught up with Madeon ahead of his show at The Shrine to discuss Good Faith, moving to Los Angeles, and more. Read on to see what he had to say.

EDM.com What does it mean to you to headline two dates at The Shrine in Los Angeles?

Madeon: It’s brilliant! I’ve recently moved to Los Angeles, so seeing so many people come together to watch me perform here makes me feel very welcomed. Having those shows coincide with the release of the album made them particularly special.

What's your favorite song to drop in a set?

It’s always a thrill singing “All My Friends” at the start of the show.

What was your creative process behind Good Faith?

At the end of 2015, I booked a studio in New York for a few days and got restlessly inspired. Most of the sounds and ideas and the general art direction occurred to me then. It took years to figure out how to execute that vision, with high highs and low lows, but the destination was in sight all along.

View the original article to see embedded media.

What’s one thing you want fans to get from Good Faith?

I love it when people project their own memories and meanings to songs, even if they don’t match my original intention. I don’t want to influence listeners too much. My favorite albums are places, “vibes” you can recollect and think about, and revisit. I hope Good Faith becomes a place in their imagination, too.

What songs mean the most to you and why?

“Miracle” is a big one for me. It was inspired by my move to America and evokes a very specific, bittersweet transition in my life. I also loved recording “Callie Day” on the vocals at the end of the song, a really beautiful session.

How has moving to Los Angeles influenced your art?

It’s been huge! I live in a giant moodboard. The California sunsets and skylines match the aesthetic of the era perfectly.

You say you hardly leave the studio. What are three essential items you need in the studio?

An obscene amount of coffee, some trustworthy speakers, and at least one new toy to spark excitement. Lately, it’s been my [Roland] Juno-106.

Do you and Porter have anything else in the works?

No! Shelter was a one time thing.

FOLLOW MADEON:

Facebook: facebook.com/itsmadeon
Twitter: twitter.com/madeon
Instagram: instagram.com/madeon
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/madeon



source https://edm.com/interviews/madeon-good-faith-interview

from Mad Mohawk Films https://ift.tt/37pFilh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment